Monday, March 2, 2015

Change

I don't know about anyone else out there but the older I get the more change seems to FREAK ME OUT!

I look at myself some days and I wonder "When did I get to be such an 'old lady'?"

But it's not the actual change that revs up my anxiety.  It's all the "what ifs" that come with it.

My anxiety didn't really start until I was over thirty, maybe that's the mind and body's breaking point on how much stress it can take... I really don't know.  But I know once you become an adult, and you have to start adulating, things get hard!

Last night I couldn't sleep and so of course anxiety girl took over.

I began to realize that my first students I taught are Graduating this school year and how simultaneously proud and shocked that makes me feel.

I started thinking about job applications I have out now that I'm administrator certified and about how badly the idea of interviewing with strangers terrifies me.  Or will I even get an interview?

I'm so comfortable with my current work situation, I love the place I work and the people I work with so much... I stress over finding that when I do become an administrator or if I work somewhere else.

Getting out of your comfort zone is hard when you're young.  It's harder when you're an adult and you have to make life altering decisions.  It's TERRIFYING when you have anxiety, and it's life altering, and you're supposed to be a responsible adult.

I hope it's not just me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment